FAST AND FREE SHIPPING OVER $50
5 tips on how an FSA can keep your heart healthy
It's one of the highest threats affecting women in America: heart disease. According to the American Heart Association (AHA), it's the "no.1 killer of women, yet only one in five American women believes heart disease is her greatest health threat."
By raising awareness throughout the year - but especially each year in February during American Heart Month and on National Wear Red Day (on Feb. 6, 2015) - women and men can fight together against heart disease. National Wear Red Day is an important day to drive awareness to fight the disease. Your Flexible Spending Account can also help in that process.
5 tips on how your Flexible Spending Account can help you stay heart healthy:
1. Monitor your heart health. Schedule annual physicals and visit your doctor regularly to get a better idea of your overall health. Your FSA can cover out-of-pocket expenses like deductibles and co-pays. Stay informed and know your risk factors (age, family history of disease and gender).
Browse our Eligibility List to find medical providers like physicians to schedule the physical, and discover other specialists.
2. Think about Blood Pressure. Getting regular blood pressure readings can play an important role in helping you stay on top of your heart health.
Shop for blood pressure monitors and diagnostics at FSA Store
Featured product: Qardio. Learn more about the Qardio Smartphone-compatible blood pressure monitor
3. Maintain Exercise and Healthy Diet. Regular exercise is proven to contribute to a healthy start, as is supporting the exercise with a well-balanced diet.
Check out hot/cold packs to make sure you stay on the move and away from any sprains or pains.
4. Decrease your risk by quitting smoking. Smoking can increase the risk for heart disease, but smoking cessation programs and smoking deterrents are FSA eligible products (with a prescription for reimbursement).
5. Relax and de-stress. Give yourself time to relax from work and your busy life. Think of a hobby that's low stress like yoga/meditation, reading or walking and take a few minutes each day to give yourself time off.
Relax with a hot/cold therapy eye mask from TheraPearl