6 Tips for Winter Outdoor Fun and Your FSA
Whether you dream of sunny beaches during the winter or don't have to dream about them (you live in a warmer part of the country!), winter is still a great opportunity to explore the outdoors with loved ones, or with friends.
Prep for Outdoor fun with your Flexible Spending Account
To make sure you can keep enjoying the following outdoor activities - whether you're in warmer weather or colder weather - bring along FSA eligible items! You can shop with your Flexible Spending Account for things including mini first-aid kits, hot/cold packs to treat any sore muscles or quickly offer relief, band-aids for minor cuts or scrapes, and more.
If you're in a colder climate, here are 4 ideas for how you can spend time outside:
1. Go for a long walk/run. The weekends are an opportune time to take a walk with your family, a pet, with friends, or even by yourself. Not only will you get some exercise in, but you'll also feel great after spending some time outdoors. Alternatively, you can always go to the gym.
2. Pick up a winter activity. Take advantage of the mountains for skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, sledding, snowshoeing, or more. Go ice skating if you know of nearby rinks.
3. Enjoy a photo walk. Grab your camera and take a friend for a walk in your favorite city or around town. Winter landscapes can have a lot to offer, and you'll again benefit from some exercise!
If you live in warmer climates, you can still enjoy the winter months and take advantage of warm temperatures!
1. Explore nature. If you're near the woods, lakes or a beach, why not go for a hike with a group, take a bike ride, or try a new outdoor activity?
2. Participate in a warm-weather activity. Never tried surfing or kayaking? Try it this winter!
3. Enjoy a walk/run. Jogging and running can greatly boost your energy levels and are a fun way to exercise.
Shop with your Flexible Spending Account
Shop for Elastics/Athletic Treatments
Shop for Hot/Cold Therapy packs
Shop for First Aid
Shop for Travel Essentials