New Year's resolutions with a flexible spending account
It's almost that time of year again...The time to act on your New Year's Resolutions! What do you have in store for 2015?
The Huffington Post offers good strategies to make sure you stick to the New Year's resolutions you make.
Popular New Year's Resolutions tend to focus on:
- Getting more sleep
- Spending more time with loved ones
- Exercising more
- Eating healthy
Notice something that these all have in common? All of these resolutions can be achieved with help of your...Flexible Spending Account.
How does a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) fit in?
1. Maintain an Active Lifestyle. Many people make New Year's Resolutions to lose weight and exercise more. Others simply want to stay on track with their existing fitness goals, or even push themselves to achieve new ones. An FSA can help you with your fitness goals as well! Your FSA can cover hot/cold therapy packs to make sure you treat achey muscles, it can cover elastics/bandages to treat minor sprains, it can cover knee/ankle braces, it can cover wireless, smart-phone compatible blood pressure monitors, and much more to keep you moving.
Shop for FSA eligible Hot/Cold Packs
2. Prep for (Healthy) Travel. Are you planning any travel in 2015? Going somewhere with your family or with a group of friends? Do you enjoy hiking, jogging, biking, running, or participating in other outdoor activities? Tip: Restock your first-aid kit for these activities, and keep a first aid kit in the car (as well as at home, and have a mini first-aid kit for travel needs)!
Shop for FSA eligible First Aid items
3. Take care of your Vision. Vision care is important year-round. By getting annual eye exams, making sure your prescriptions are still accurate, and ensuring you keep your contact lenses comfortable and moist, you'll be able to keep your eyes healthy.
4. Keep your kids healthy. If you're expecting a baby or have kids, you deeply care about staying on top of your child's happiness. We sell FSA-eligible breast pumps that can be carried with you on-the-go, digital thermometer to monitor fevers, and many more baby care products.
Shop for Baby Care
5. Stay Healthy at Home.Check out the selection of healthy must-haves for your home. Did you know defibrillators are covered by an FSA? How about orthopedic walking aids and wheelchairs? Defibrillators are handy at home, the office, or in the car.
Shop for Home Health Care
*Last, but not least....Save money. With an FSA, you save you up to 40% on every dollar on qualified medical expenses! Learn about FSA-eligible expenses by browsing our Eligibility List