learning-centerCan I submit a claim form for dependent care in the following year for a claim in previous year?
Default Anonymous asked 3 months ago
1 Answers
fsaadmin answered 3 months ago

Unfortunately, dependent care flexible spending accounts (DCFSAs) function on the same year-to-year basis as general medical FSAs. Each year, an account holder will set aside a yearly contribution amount that will cover the entire plan year, which can only be used on dependent care expenses during that plan year. So if you are trying to file a claim for an expense that falls outside your current plan year, it would not be eligible for reimbursement. Always check with your plan administrator to see if there may be any deadline extensions that would allow you to submit a claim for a prior year.