Different people split pills for different reasons: some pills, especially daily vitamin supplements, are so large that they can be difficult to swallow whole. Oftentimes, pills come in only one high dosage version and you need to halve or quarter them to get a lower dose. Others split pills because it’s more cost effective, since higher-dosage pills frequently cost the same as lower-dosage ones.
No matter the reason, if you split pills regularly you have likely encountered many pill splitter pitfalls. When we began to investigate the task of splitting pills we quickly realized that this seemingly trivial task is actually riddled with problem.
- Dimensions: H: 2 in x W: 2.2 in x D: 2.2 in
- Ultra-safe and effective, durable plastic poly (PCTA) blade
- Pill splitter's specialized inset rubber impressions stabilize pills of all sizes and shapes
- Light press pill splitter mechanism distributes weight applied to cap evenly
- Easy on hands/wrists no matter “hardness” of pill material
- Halves and quarters pills cleanly and precisely to ensure accurate dosage
- Slip-preventing rubber base