Exploring 8 Hi-Tech health products
When you shop at FSAstore.com, it quickly becomes clear that you can buy a lot of products with Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs). FSAs can offer everything from band-aids to contact lenses to breast pumps and blood pressure monitors. But, did you know that you can also shop for items that connect to your smartphone and can help you keep track of health?
That's exactly where the Hi-Tech category comes in at FSAstore.com! Let's explore some of the most popular products that you can get with your FSA from that category!
Blood Pressure Monitors
It may not be something we think about much, but it's suggested that people get blood pressure checkups every two years (or more often), depending on what your doctor recommends. That's at least what WebMD recommends in an article related to monitoring blood pressure.
"If your blood pressure is borderline high -- systolic blood pressure between 120 and 139 or diastolic blood pressure of 80 to 89 -- check it at least every year or more often as your doctor suggests. Depending on whether or not you have other medical issues, this number might be considered too high," WebMD said. Adding, "If your blood pressure is 140/90 or higher, talk with your doctor as this is high blood pressure and requires a doctor's attention."
The article also explains that you can easily measure blood pressure at home, as well. This is particularly important if you have high blood pressure. Though, WebMD cautions, "Before you take your blood pressure, it's recommended to avoid caffeine, cigarettes, and exercise for at least 30 minutes prior to the test.
You can use different types of blood pressure monitors, but since we're focusing on Hi-Tech Health today, let's discuss two popular ones that also connect to your smartphone. The next time you visit your doctor, you can easily share your readings!
1) The Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor connects with a simple cuff, and can easily and automatically connect to the Health Mate app where you can store all readings. You'll be able to read your stats anytime whether it's on an iPhone, an Android or an iPod touch, and they are also stores on an online dashboard. Since the data is stored in the app, you can easily share it with your doctor at any time.
Shop for the Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor with your FSA
2) The Qardio Arm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor connects to iPhone and Android to provide accurate, clinically validated data that's also FDA approved for use by medical professionals. This monitor can detect irregular heart beat and seamlessly connects to your smartphone or tablet with a simple setup (all you do is turn on the device, launch the app on your smartphone or tablet and press Start). You can carry it with you no matter where you go, and it also comes with the free Qardio iOS app where you can share the data with your doctor or family members.
Shop for the Qardio Arm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor at FSAstore.com
In addition to monitoring vitals such as blood pressure, thermometers ofcourse come in handy when you or a loved one are dealing with a fever. According to WebMD, "Body temperature is only one way of monitoring your health. Besides temperature, other basic measurements to monitor your health include your pulse, breathing rate (respiration), and blood pressure. These basic measurements are called your vital signs."
Here are a few popular thermometers that you can buy with your Flexible Spending, whether it's to monitor your own fever, that of a family or even of your baby.
1) The KINSASmartphone Thermometer gives you a 10-second and accurate reading of your temperature and even lets you track each member of your family. The thermometer connects to your smartphone (iOS and Android)through a free app that lets you share with family members and your doctor. It comes with a fun animated screen for kids, and a flexible design for comfort. You can also download the data to your mobile device and keep tracking fevers.
Shop for KINSA Smartphone Thermometer at FSAstore.com
2) The Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer also makes it easy to monitor and get temperature readings per family member in 8 seconds (individual profiles will store each family member's temperatures), and you can set up reminders to check the last reading. You can connect the thermometer through the Vicks app to wirelessly keep track of the readings on your smartphone. A special Symptom Tracker monitors symptoms as they occur and the Fever InSight feature displays the temperature rreadout in green, yellow or red. The device is compatible with most iOS and Android devices.
Shop for the Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer at FSAstore.com
The TempTraq Baby Bluetooth Thermometer offers a convenient, non-invasive way to monitor baby's body temperature through a soft, comfortable single-use, 24-hour patch. The patch is placed under your baby's arm and will transmit your baby's temperature using Bluetooth technology to compatible devices. As a parent, you'll be able to track your child's temperature from another room (up to 40 feet away) for 24 hours with alerts in case of a higher temperature. You'll be able to email the data to a doctor or family members, as well.
Shop for the TempTraq Baby Bluetooth Thermometer at FSAstore.com
Other Popular Products
As you're browsing the Hi-Tech Health category, you'll be sure to find other interesting products that are covered by an FSA.
1) One of these is the AccuRelief Ultimate Foot Circulator. This is an electrical stimulator that can provide relief to stiff muscles, reduces swollen feet and more. The technology works by placing electrode pads on your body or through the foot pads. You can easily use a remote control to control the electrical stimulation with 15 preset programs to alleviate different types of pain and increase circulation in your swollen feet or ankles.
Shop for the Ultimate Foot Circulator at FSAstore.com
2) The Quell Wearable Pain Relief Starter Kit provides 100%, drug-free relief from chronic pain through lightweight, doctor-recommended technology. This device is specifically designed for those who deal with sciatica, fibromyalgia, arthritis pain, and other types of pain. Just connect your Quell through Bluetooth and a smartphone app to easily monitor your pain therapy.
Shop for Quell Wearable Pain Relief with your FSA at FSAstore.com
3) The Eustachi Ear Unclogger works naturally to unclog your stuffy or congested ears, similar to how yawning and swallowing work. Eustachi is physician-recommended, and is also perfect for swimming, diving, flying and during cold and allergy season. It's great for kids and adults alike.
Shop for Eustachi Ear Unclogger at FSAstore.com
Looking for additional products? Browse the Hi-Tech category and learn about other products available with your FSA!