FAST AND FREE SHIPPING OVER $50
FSA allergy relief for baby/child
When you think about spring, allergies are not likely the first thing on your mind. But, they can turn into a problem. Luckily, you can get FSA allergy relief!
In an article by WebMD, one doctor mentions that allergies can often go undiagnosed, particularly related to kids. "A lot of parents don't realize," says Neeta Ogden, MD, an allergist in Closter, N.J. "They assume that the constant runny nose and sneezing are just what happens when a child's exposed to day care germs." And, that's possible!
So, what can you do if you think your child or baby has allergies, but you're not really sure?
Get FSA Allergy Relief
1. Ask a doctor. If you're not sure if your baby or child has a cold or allergies, it's best to ask your doctor. You likely won't know until you get some answers, or until your doctor does tests. You can use your FSA to cover costs related for FSA allergy relief, including co-pays and deductibles.
It can be hard to tell whether we're dealing with an allergy vs. a cold. WebMD mentioned that allergy tests could help (for kids 3 and older), but it's more difficult in kids younger than 3.
WebMD also recommends thinking about symptoms getting worse while near pets, or at different seasonal times.
2. Treat allergies at home. You can buy over-the-counter medicines with your FSA (these require a prescription to get reimbursed with your account), including Benadryl and Zyrtec. However, it's best to consult a doctor if this is a necessary step in FSA allergy relief for your child and to find out what the appropriate dosage/age is for that.
3. Products at FSAstore.com for FSA Allergy Relief:
- Nasal aspirators and saline solution. If you think your baby or child might have allergies or is congested, you can help fight a stuffy nose with nasal aspirators or saline solution.
- Medicators. If you need to administer some type of medication, there are special medicatorsthat make it easy to deliver medications in a pain-free way.
Shop for kids' allergy products at FSA Store.
Curious about what's covered by your FSA? Browse our FSA Eligibility List.